Friday, December 20, 2013

When they talk about it...

I was talking to my son the other day....... He is now 14yrs old.
Taller than me and has been seizure free for 19 months!
(knock on wood)

He brought up that he was still having trouble focusing in school.
He currently takes Strattera for ADD

I told him we could speak with his Neurologist but that I doubt
she would change him to a stimulant, like Concerta
That she felt, a stimulant like Concerta could
bring on his seizures again


Then he just started talking about his seizures......
this is not something he does very often


He said, " I don't want to have any seizures, but
I don't worry about it like I used to. I used to
think about it constantly. I was always 
worried when I would have another one. I couldn't
focus at all.......
But now, I don't worry about it at all..."

Now he said, he struggles to focus just cause.


It just about broke my heart to think about how much
anxiety he was living with back then.
He was only 10/11yrs old
To be that scared all the time
I can not imagine living with that

To think how much he has overcome 
What an amazing kid



No comments:

Post a Comment