Thursday, March 5, 2015

We started the wean and my memory isn't as good as I thought it was

 Just about 2 weeks ago we started

THE WEAN


Arthur has been seizure free for almost 3yrs
so to play with fire
is SCARY!

But is neurologist is right.....
We will never know if he has outgrown it unless we try

So we cut his Zonegran by 50mg

This wean I wasn't overly worried about, honestly, because
Arthur became seizure free being on
3000mg/day of Keppra and 100mg/day of Zonegran


We increased to the the Zonegran by 50mg over year and half
ago because he was complaining of auras.
But he still had not had an actual seizure.


The memory is a funny thing...... and well, as I get
older I tend to think I have the timeline right 
and then I actually check the records
I keep on Arthur.

I forgot some key things

Looking back, he complained of headaches A LOT before we increased his
Zonegran to 150mg.
Once, in 2012 I noted an episode where he had a terrible headache
and then seemed a tad incoherent. Slept for a couple hours after that.
In my notes there is.....seizure?

CRAP

So guess what I got a phone call about today?
"Mom, I have a really bad headache. It feels like the ones I get after seizures. But, I don't think I had one. But, it really hurts!"

Epileptics are prone to headaches. Just another perk....grrr.
But, as I looked back on his medical notes, I worry.
Maybe we shouldn't keep weaning

Maybe, this is enough to tell us he hasn't outgrown it

The fear that we have been able to keep at bay for years now is creeping back in
and
I am really scared




No comments:

Post a Comment